Friday, July 17, 2009

Everyone is Reading... even the fish :)

Well this summer we have been frequenting the library and various story times. We decided to join the library summer reading club to create a goal for Big Sis on which to focus. So far we have achieved the second level of prizes. She was thrilled to get her prizes. I've never heard this kid so excited about getting a coupon in my life. Big Sis has always loved books and has a great memory of the story. I was wondering if that was going to happen for Baby Girl. (Praying and hoping) Within this last month the book interest has emerged and turned into an obsession. Bringing a book with us in the car for baby girl is almost better than a binkie. Books have been such an obsession that I caught this book set up by Big Sis allowing her fish to read. Good thing the page wasn't a huge shark or something. It might have scared him. Well, we have 13 more days the reach our goal and 9 more squares to check off for our reading goal.

When getting in the car after getting her prizes Big Sis asked if I want to share some of her prizes with her. I told her, "No honey that is okay you did the reading for them."
Her response, "But, mom you helped me."

Those are days when it is good to be a mom.

1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Very cool! I need to do more library stuff.