Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Grocery List


Big Sis has been obsessed with writing lately. Needless to say Jeremy and I have been having to spell out word like a storm. Her grandparents have been encouraged this with giving notepads and pens or pencils. Big Sis was excited to find taht I needed to go to the grocery store. Big Sis wanted to write the list. I will have to say that in the store I did use it to remind me what to get. Above is the list and just to translate it says: at the top is the start of MILK, BREAD then it continues down if you look closely: VEGGIES (half), CEREAL, SNACKS, SYRUP, then: BANANA and Jelly are along the side. She already can write her sisters name by sight/memory, her first and last name (all be it not that long) and gets mommy and daddy.

I see this and I'm thinking seriously this kid has 2 more years of preschool.

1 comment:

mrsgooch said...

That is great! Chloe has been doing a lot of "writing" too. She hasn't gotten much farther than her name for real words, but she loves to write out lists for pretend parties, and she has me write out words for her. I guess she is on her way to doing what Ava can do. It is great to see Ava doing so well! Maybe they will be the "brainiacs" of their preschool class! :)