Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Wonderful Frugal Day!!!

It all started from watching the news AND paying attention. Dora and Diego caught my eye and then I heard that they were doing a charity promotion at the Magic House. If you are one of the first 50 families to bring a toy to the Magic House then you get 2 tickets to Dora Live!!! On a whim I packed up the kids and went to the toy store with my coupon and 2 kids and bought a toy. All the way explaining to my 3 year old that we weren't buying the toy for her or her little sister. Mind you I didn't tell her of the possibility of going to Dora if we hurried to the Magic House. We arrived and she was excited to give the toy to the Salvation Army collection. We were family 31. They asked if we were going to stay and play. Well you can't bring a 3 year old there and say no and leave. We decided to play and besides it was Baby Girl's first time. If you haven't heard the Magic House has expaned quite a bit. We had a blast just the 3 of us exploring all the new stuff they had to offer. I had been avoiding going there because I'd rather play outside before we get into the heat of the summer, but to my surprise they had a great outdoor part with chalk, camping and playing in water and sand.

We went for McDonalds on the way home and Big Sis and I ate it outside on our patio. Baby Girl was wiped out from exploring at the Magic House. We decided to go see the Friday night show. Big Sis got to choose what parent to go with her. I was the lucky one. I found a close spot on the street and had to feed the meter for 45 minutes costing 35 cents.
Our seats were great and was plenty of room for here to dance with the show. Getting involved in the show was right up Big Sis's alley. If you see her at home watching TV isn't a seditary activity for her. I managed to get out of there with out having to buy a $15 toy. We got our free pic taken with Dora and her friends, which is show above. Our snack was Twizzlers and a water at a total of $5.

This is the shot of Big Sis 2 seconds after I asked her if she was tired and her response was NO. This is the truth telling pic of it all.
It was a great day and if you were keeping track the entire day cost me $40.85 : $18 toy for charity, $7.50 for lunch, 35 cents for parking and $5 snack. Considering all the fun we had and that 1/2 of the day cost went toward charity I would say this was a Wonderful Frugal Day. Really it just made the time I spent wit the girls that much sweeter.

No comments: