Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trip to Chicago!!! Parents ONLY!!!

Jeremy and I took a trip to celebrate our eight year anniversary to Chicago. A few different reasons for the choice of Chicago. We don't like the sun that much, my friend Tracy lives there and we could take the train.


My mom help with the hotel reservations and together we tried to find a hotel near everything. In doing that we found one almost away from everything. We ended up near the University of Chicago and the first night found this restaurant suggested to us by the hotel. This saying was on the cute Italian place where we ate. It had to be in walking distance and it was very good.





About the only attraction we were close to was the Museum of Science and Industry, which Jeremy loved. I had a good time too. It was like a HUGE science center. We saw the U-505 exhibit and found it quite interesting.

Us at Millenium Park getting our picture in the Big Bean. If you look closely you can see our reflection in the bottom right. It was pretty cool to see Chicago's reflection behind us in the Bean.


I think Jeremy and I rode every form of transportation except for the bus. It was fun to figure it all out and not be worried about a thing all weekend.

Cute guy with a great background

Jeremy thought it was ironic that there was a homeless guy sleeping on this statue



After a huge German meal and A TON of walking on Michigan Ave, we decided an icecream treat at Ghiraradelli's would be a great way to end the evening. Chocolate and Icecream: I was in heaven!!!

I spied this at the very end of our time in Chicago before we went the Metra station to catch the train back. I turned to look back at the city one last time and saw it. I thought it was awesome considering on this trip I started up my treatment again after being off since August. It thought it would be a good time to get into the groove when the girls were with grandparents. I hope we do END MS soon.

No comments: